20 November 2009

International Pizza Delivery

Tonight.  Well, tonight is a pizza night.  Dominoes.  "Shitty choices make for shitty pizza."  There's Papa John's new pan-India advertising slogan.  Maybe they can put it to some beautiful tunes and replace my dry wit with some uber sweet and hip Kannada music for their Karnataka ad-campaign?
The Pizza delivery man, however, was the first person to make it to my house without assistance after I tried giving false directions for the first time.  If you're a regular reader of nyaagrodhamuule, you might remember my post of several days back about the perplexing proximity of two 12th Main Roads, one belonging to Kuvempunagar and another, less well known, belonging to Sarasvathipuram, where I live.  Usually when I tell people my address, I have to walk about seven minutes from my house to the nearest landmark, the Kuvempunagar High School and 9th cross road, stand on the corner, flag the vehicle down (I'm easy to spot), hop in/on said vehicle, and direct them the short distance to my place.  Tonight with Dominoes I tried something new.  I labeled my house as existing at 192 12th Main Kuvempunagar.  Amazing!  Not even 15 minutes later there was a super-kind Dominoes delivery man at my door with a smile, garlic cheese sticks (so-so), a pizza, and a bit of info: "You gave me the wrong address, sir.  This is Sarasvathipuram."
"Oh, really?" Said the idiot videshi, "I thought this was Kuvempunagar."
"No, this is Sarasvathipuram, sir.  It's O.K.  I found it."
And find it he did!  "This pizza's for you."  InBev might be hard-pressed to give up that slogan though.