11 November 2009

Mysore-Bangalore-Mysore 12 November 2009

A quick jaunt to Vedanta bookhouse in Bangalore exhausted me. Luckily, I ate a healthy lunch of pakoda--fried veggies--and South Indian thali: a tray with rice, puri (fried bread), an assortment of lentil-tomato-based soups, veggies, curd, and a sweet.
I arrived back to Mysore (pronounced My-soor) and promptly fell asleep early in the evening last night.
On the return journey from Bangalore, I met a nice young guy, Amit Kumar. He and I shared pleasant conversations during the three hour train ride. He, too, is applying this year to graduate school in the U.S. so we spoke about our processes of writing personal statements and possibilities of where we may end up attending school.
Today, I plan to contact one Mr. Talvar, currently a teacher at the Central Institute of Indian Languages. I'll try to update this later...